Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Eggnog Cheese Pie

The Christmas lights are on the house and the ornaments are on the tree, I'm so excited for the music and flavors of the holidays!  One flavor I like is eggnog, but I need it milder than the straight out of the carton taste.  This pie gives you that eggnog experience without being overpowering, and the cream cheese texture is really nice.  I grated some nutmeg over the top and it really finished the pie off well.

(I apologize again for the photography - some day I'll have a real camera again).


Eggnog Cheese Pie

  • Baked pie shell or baked graham cracker or cookie crust
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup eggnog

  • Beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add the eggs and beat on low speed until combined. Beat in eggnog. Pour into crust.
  • Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.


2 comments:

Material Mary said...

Not being an eggnog fan, I did enjoy the pie. It was really tasty and fun with the fresh nutmeg. Great holiday favorite. By the way, the broccoli and beef lo mein sounds really good.
Mary

Stacey said...

I am SOOOOOO making this for my MIL. She LOVES eggnog and cheesecake!
Stacey