This pie is so yummy, I don't know why I don't make it more often. It's probably time to remedy that situation!
SOUR CREAM LEMON PIE
9 inch pie crust - baked
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup milk
juice of one large lemon
3 eggs yolks, beaten slightly
1/4 cup butter
zest of one large lemon
1 cup sour cream (do not use low fat or fat-free sour cream in this recipe)
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Stir in the milk, lemon juice and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and lemon zest.
- Cool slightly.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Spread the filling in the crust and refrigerate at least two hours. It's even better if you can let it set up in the fridge overnight.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream.