Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baking is my therapy

When I started this blog I had big plans to bake a new and different pie every week. I forgot that I have a life with a husband, seven children, parents, siblings, a grandson and paid employment.  Not to mention other hobbies and interests.  So, the pie a week goal hasn't happened consistently.  But I'm trying.  I do get a lot of enjoyment out of baking - whether it's pie or cookies or bread.  Turning some flour and miscellaneous other ingredients into a thing of beauty and deliciousness is really satisfying.  I'm glad my mother gave me the freedom and confidence to play in the kitchen and start learning cooking and baking, and I'm glad my husband and children have been willing to try anything I baked over the years.  I also have great friends and neighbors who have willingly eaten my baking efforts.  Now fall is creeping on and I'm getting excited about baking again.  I've also cut back from working full-time to working half-time, so hopefully I'll have a little more time to play in the kitchen.  In addition to more pies I want to bake bread more often.  What else should I try out this fall and winter?

Peaches off the tree in my yard will be made into a pie or two soon!  I'll show you the results and share the recipe.

1 comment:

Material Mary said...

Looking forward to some delicious peach pie!!
Mary